Thursday, April 28, 2011

Rainbows and a Persistent 5 year old

Last night we were driving home from my parents house and Carleigh saw a rainbow in the sky, It never ceases to surprise me how things I see as "normal" are still new to her!! She squeals "Look mom a beautiful rainbow!! Let's find the end of it! We need to find the leprechaun and the pot of gold!!" This made me giggle and then I decided this was a teachable moment and I went right into the bible story about Noah's Ark and the rainbow and God's promise, except I am not a teacher, and I am pretty sure I didn't get all the details right! LOL! But ya know I covered the basics, BIG Ark, rain for 40 days and nights, A dove sent out the window returning with an Olive Branch, and the whole reason for the lesson, God's Promise of never flooding the earth again which He showed us by putting a pretty rainbow in the sky, it was pretty basic and when asked she was able to tell the story back to me, and then she looked up at me from her seat exasperatedly and said "Now mommy can we go find the leprechaun and the pot of gold????" ..............

No comments:

Post a Comment