Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Our First Sock Hop!!


The girls school celebrated the 50th day of school with a 50's sock hop!! That could only mean one thing!! This mama (and auntie and meme) were going to have to whip up so poodle skirts!! Tricia and I used a no-sew tutorial that we found on pinterest but quickly decided that sewing was going to need to be involved!! I didn't like the look of all the raw edges, not only that but the no- sew tutorial didn't really work with my girls sizes. So we did what we always end up doing with any craft project and just flew by the seat of our pants! The outcome was pretty awesome!! Probably one of our most complex craft projects yet! (well Tricia makes quilts so she may object to the complexity's of this project!) But I don't normally use a sewing matching because I believe in the forces that are a hot glue gun!! :) But in the way back of my dusty brain were the many hours of sewing lessons my mama gave me when I was making clothes for 4-H projects! and kinda like riding a bike it came back to me and now watch out world cause I am going to be unstoppable! and Meme taught me how to put in an elastic waist! OH BOY!!! everything is going to be elastic waist! It is wonderfully easy! I would love to put a tutorial on here on how we made our skirts but we didn't take pictures, some day we will get better about this, I am committing to it! But for now you will just have to look at my beautiful models!!

No comments:

Post a Comment