Friday, September 9, 2011

Labor Day Weekend!!



Before the week is officially over I want to get these pictures up from Labor Day! We took the kiddo's camping and had a prefect weekend! It was hot enough to swim and cool enough we didn't die of heat exhaustion! But I will say that by Sunday night we needed sweatshirts and jeans which was insane since Friday  it was 100 degrees!! What the heck weather!! Oh and did I mention that for the first time in like 6 weeks we got rain! Yeah, what the heck do you do with 5 girls aged from 13 to 2, and one Uncle/daddy in a camper when it rains???
Why Lego's, a laptop and sleep to the sound of rain pelting the tin roof of course!! (The two lumps on the bed are the 13 year olds?? Oh and that uncle/dad??
He can sleep through anything!!! UGH! I wish I had that special power!
We cooked some more pretty awesome meals over the campfire! Can I brag on myself? I ROCK the campfire cooking!! LOL!! I told Tim I need two campfires so that I can cook more at items at a time though! We did BBQ chicken, baked potatoes, hamburgers, cowboy baked beans, and some awesome grilled ham and cheese sandwhiches as our new things this weekend!! YUM YUM! We also had a pizza delivered to the campground on the first night there! Don't Judge, I never said I was a rustic camper! I like to mix modern conveniences and Amish ways! LOL!
We got up early on Monday morning to head out to our annual Labor day Parade and Picnic. We are a proud to be union family and take Labor day festivities very seriously! :)




Every year we get a family picture at the parade, as our family has grown our pictures have gotten a little more tricky to get!! I will say that this is the best/worst picture we have ever taken! and it was the best pick of all that we took! LOL!! Oh my goodness!! I sure hope that come October we can get our act together for our family portiats! :) Oh did I mention the wind was blowing so hard that we pretty much had to hold onto the small children, hences the HORRIBLE hairdo's!!
I hope everyone has a GREAT weekend! Monday I will be featuring a "warning signs of PCOS post" Mom's of young girls, it's a post you won't want to miss!!

No comments:

Post a Comment