Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What IF????

What If I hadn't been overweight as a child??
What If I hadn't been teased for the "hairness" of my arms and face???
What If I would have known that the dark patches on my skin weren't "dirt"
What If I would have developed apporiately for my age?
What If I had told Tim I may never be able to naturally conceive a child?
What If he had turned away and never looked back?
What If I had given up after trying naturally with no success of getting pregnant?
What If the treatments had never worked?
What If I can never get over the desire to have a big family?
What If I always long for just one more chance to be pregnant?
What If I didn't have to deal daily with the facial hair
What If I didn't have to deal with the horrible anxiety and panic attacks?
What If I could live one day feeling normal, beautiful, and less "manly"
What If I let PCOS rob me of my desires?
What If I let PCOS dictate who I am?
What If I let PCOS come between me and my faith
What If I let PCOS shape me?
What If I let four letters consume me?

What if that little girl at school getting made fun of, has a disease? One she doesn't even know about, and yet your child is taunting her for being overweight, or looking different? or teasing her for having "dirt" spots on her knees and elbows. What if you are whispering about how her parents should make her be more active? They should make her scrub those "spots" off in the shower? What if we took the time to educate our children and ourselves? What if PCOS wasn't spoken only in hushed tones at the doctors office? What if we took a stand to make a change, to raise awareness of PCOS and all that goes with it? What if we caught it when it first shows signs in young girls and helped them to battle it and to not be ashamed of it??

What if you could make a difference?

September is PCOS Awareness Month, Please help me to take the shame out of PCOS? I will be doing posts throughout the month, highlighting warning signs and symptoms, educating on PCOS, what it is and what it does. Please help me to make this four letter word, one that we aren't afraid to use!


Pcos Awareness Month Clip Art
image used from an online source

No comments:

Post a Comment