Wednesday, October 12, 2011

THAT mom makes a reapperance!

Oh My Goodness!! Has life been crazy busy or what! I love fall and all that comes with it but boy do the weekends fill up fast! We have had birthday parties, and cheerleading camp, soccer and performances at the football game, a candlelight tour of New Salem and school projects, pumpkin carving activites and allergies. The days are flying by and before I know it, it is time to fall asleep at night! I know this sounds picture perfect and in many ways it is but let's be real, how many times do we plan something and it go the EXACT opposite??? yup pretty much everytime! LOL! at least in my less than perfect world! It would seem that my darling, sweet, monster of a two year old is at the peak of tantrums, attitude and sass! (At least I am praying it is at the peak! LOL!) so all of these fun activites I have planned have had at least one moment where I was THAT mom. Ya know the one who is boderline pshyco?? Have you met her?? I am her! Let's share a few examples shall we?? Book Fair 2011 Auburn Elementary Library (remember I am a "single" mother during the evenings of the week) I pick up the girls and head to Casey's to order cheese sticks and pizza for dinner because we have a packed evening, making the most of my time I decide to head to the book fair while our order is being completed, we park, Carleigh hops out and I see my first error, I have no stroller for Caylee, right then I should have got back in the car, I mean I could hear that scary foreshadowing music in my head, but oh no, I got this, so I get her out and hold her hand and off we go, we stop and have a little talk, the three of us, of how we are going to be good girls, and only touch with one finger. We get to the door and they have a table set up,Carleigh has to sign in, Caylee tries to grab said pen and write on the table...I distract her, Carleigh finishes and  we step ONE foot in the door of said library and bam a book is off the rack and on the floor.....SIGH... pick up said book, grab Caylee's hand, remind her of the one finger rule by showing her how to point with said finger, walk two more steps, bamm another book down....so I decide to pick her cute darling 50 pound 3 and a half foot self up and carry her on my hip like she is dainty. . . oh yes, picture now a child who is the size of  a four and half year old, throwing her self back, yelling, crying and going into MAJOR meltdown mode, all the while her big sister is being an angel SLOWLY looking at each book picking out her favorites, here she comes, THAT MOM, watch out everyone! I whisper into Caylees ear, with that stern mom voice, that does NO good, "Caylee Michelle straigthen up right now or you are going to be in big trouble" nothing, nada, not evening a slight glimmer that she heard me...I rush Carleigh along and get up to check out, Caylee is still acting like a small hellion, we have to pay so I literally sat her down between my legs and held her there with my calf muscles while she acted liked I was killing her, I whisper loudly to her to knock if off before I give her something to throw a fit about, yup that classic line, remember when your parents used it??? I remember hushing up the second it came out of my parents mouth, Caylee was unphased, I then picked her up, and she dangled like a limp 50lb pound dead weight noodle. Can we say mortified!!! Everyone was watching us, I am sure they were wondering why I didn't spank her right then and there but I was not in a good mommy place to execute a punishment, she did not get to get her book that she wanted as her punishment and that was part of why she was having a fit,we get out to the car, I buckle her in, as soon as the seat belt clicked, the crying stopped, and there was complete silence. I drag my, huffing, puffing sweaty self, to the drive side seat, slump into it, I look and felt like I was just drug out back and beaten by a gang of huge men..... I look at the clock it had only been ten minutes since we had departed the car....................say what!!?!?!?!!!

I had some more examples, but reliving that one while writing it has worn me out!! How about you have you been THAT mom lately????

1 comment:

  1. Alleigh is going through a fit phase, too :( Can't go anywhere without her wanting to run around all over the place and then scream and throw a fit when we tell her no or, God forbid, pick her up because she's gone too far. Such a fun time! So nice to read your blog and know we're not the only ones!

    ReplyDelete