Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Giggling Girls Crock Pot Italian Beef!!! So Easy!!

First of all, thank you for all the feedback on the Cleaning Reveal!! It is fun to hear back from everyone! I have to say that my weekend was filled with a lot of cleaning, but also with a lot of messing so I don't feel like I made enough headway to start yet! BUT I have higher hopes for this weekend! Anyway, I promised a recipe over the weekend, and I suck at doing blog posts on the weekends so from now one I am just not going to make that promise! LOL! But I am here today with a recipe that you will definitely want to try!!! It is a HUGE hit in my family especially among the men, and truthfully I haven't had one person not like it when we have made it! and it is SO easy!! and I am pretty excited because Kelly over at Kelly's Corner is doing a link up of crock pot receipes!!! So if you are stopping by from Kelly's blog we hope you will look around and come back and see us again!!!! It is always fun to meet new bloggy friends!

Crock Pot Italian Beef

Ingredients

Rump Roast ( I usually do between a 3 and 5 pound one)
Italian Salad Dressing (regular size bottle you will use half of, a small bottle use the whole thing)
The Dry Italian Seasoning Packet (Hidden Valley has a really good one!)
Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Salt
Hoagie Buns
Shredded Colby Jack Cheese (optional)
jalapenos (optional)


Start by taking your roast out of the package (don't forget that little pad thingy that sticks to the bottom, not that I would know that from cooking one on myself or anything!), we than season it generously with salt, pepper, garlic salt and then we put it into a preheat skillet to brown it on both sides. Once we get a nice sear on it we move  it into the crock pot!! Now you can use your roast fresh, frozen or thawed out! If it is frozen you are going to want to let it cook longer in your crock pot! We turn our crock pot on high and set it for 8 hours or however long you are going to be gone, or just on high if you don't have a timer. Then I pour two or three cups of water on it, put the lid on and let it go slow cook. The longer it cooks the better as your meant will become fork tender. Than about an hour (sometimes I wait until 30 minutes before) I drain off the water that has now turned into beef broth, and shred my meat. Next add your small bottle, or half of your big bottle of dressing, (Sorry if you like exact measurements, I don't seem to roll that way! LOL!) your dry packet of Italian Seasoning, stir it all together and throw in your peppers if you so choose. Let cook for another 30 minutes or so and then serve on hoagie buns topped with Cheddar cheese for the best results...you can forgo the cheese but in my world cheese makes everything better!!
As always, Thanks for cooking with the giggling girls!!!! (Time for new apron pictures, I will get right on that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment