Thursday, August 16, 2012

Five Minutes

Today started off on the right foot, Today I got out of bed BEFORE the alarm clock ever went off, I got ready before the girls woke up and we left the house 30 minutes early because I needed gas before I went to work, Today COULD have started off in disaster mode! I am notorious for driving my van until it is on fumes, I dont' know why I do it but I do, it is stupid I have ran out of gas way more times then one person ever should and Today should have been one of those days! But it wasn't, the van puttered into the gas station (Believe what you will but I believe Jesus stopped by with a little trickle from the gas can!!) and I was able to get gas and still not be running behind, Carleigh asked me to drive to her Meme's a different way, cause she was "bored with the same ol' drive" so I took a new route which took us by the park, I looked back in the mirror and saw two little blond heads looking longingly at the big slide, they weren't going to ask to stop but I could see the desire in there blue eyes, and then I looked at the clock, 7:10 a.m. we were no longer running 30 minutes early but we weren't running late yet either,  so I swung into a parking place and those little heads snapped around and looked at me like "Don't you be teasing us mom" I said come on we have five minutes, lets see what we can do! They got out of their seats and ran as fast as those sweet little legs would carry them! They each climbed up the big slide and went down a couple of times and we had just enough time for me to push them on the swings as they yelled "higher mom"! It was like a race against time, how much fun could we pack into those quick five minutes! With one last slide they both ran back to the car, no tears about it being done too quick, only laughter at the fun spontaneity of doing something that wasn't in our normal routine. Five Minutes changed my whole day, my mood is lighter, and I am carrying there smiles in my heart today. I hope that somehow today, you have Five minutes that will define your day in a positive way too!!

1 comment:

  1. Love this! If we all would choose to spend just 5 minutes a day doing something like this... how much more JOY would we find in the world. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete