Wednesday, August 22, 2012

'twas the night before preschool....

I just tucked in my toddler for the last time, when she awakes tomorrow a sweet preschooler she will make.... I read her a special story and we laid out her new Dora shoes and her dress. I am not sure how we got here already. How is it possibly time to send my sweet cuddly last baby girl off to school. I remember the smell of her lathered in Johnson's and Johnson's baby lotion the day we brought her home, it feels like just yesterday and I hate to even say that because it is what every mother says. Tomorrow I will take her to school and her babyhood will slip away.... They will make her learn her colors the right way and they will correct her special baby way of saying some words, they will make her go potty without help and zip her own coat. She will learn to be independent and patient and how to make friends. Preschool will change her so much in such a good way and I am happy for that! But I promise you that tomorrow the very best part of my day will be when she runs back into my arms with her Binky and blankey and we climb into the rocking chair and we rock and I keep her my baby for a little bit longer!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment