Thursday, May 19, 2011

Our All Time FAVORITE family receipe!


In the blog world other bloggers do weekly features that you can link up with, This week I am linking up with Kelly over at Kelly's Korner! She is doing "Show us your life-Main Course Dishes" Oh yeah baby!! I LOVE FOOD! This was the prefect chance for me to share a little bit of comfort food love with ya'll! ( side note: I had every intention of making this dish and taking pictures as I went along but my husband failed to pick up my ingredients at the store and I didn't realize it until it was too late! better luck next time! Ha! )
     The dish I am about to share with you is one that I have been eating since I was tiny! In fact it is a dish that many of my family and friends have probably had at one time or another at our home :) and the best part about it is that it is SUPER easy!!! I MEAN SUPER!! So do you have your pens handy?? Let's start with a grocery list! When we make this meal I always pair it with mashed potato's, green beans, and applesauce :) and then we like to use the sauce on top of the mashed potato's like gravy!!!!

Chicken and Crescent Rolls

What you Need : 2 cans crescent rolls (any brand!) 1 bag Colby jack shredded cheese, 2 cans cream of chicken soup, 2 large cans canned chicken (or you can shred your own boneless skinless chicken breasts, or use the rotisserie chickens that you can get cheap at the store and shred those!! I have used these all and my preferred method is the canned chicken but the other ways work too!) , and salt and pepper

9x13 pan and a mixing bowl and a fork and you are all set to go!

First you are going to take 3/4 of your bag of cheese and dump it into your mixing bowl, then you are going to drain off your cans of chicken or shred your chicken breast, dump the chicken in with the cheese, add a dash of salt and pepper, and mix it together with a spoon. Next you are going to open your cans of crescent rolls and split them up individually and put a heaping spoonful of the chicken cheese mixture into the center of the crescent and fold the edges around the mixture, so that the mixture is tucked securely inside, then lay it in your 9 by 13 pan. Repeat this step until all of your crescents are full. Next your going to open your cans of cream of chicken soup, pour into a bowl and mix with 1 to 1 1/2 cans of milk, stir, and then pour over the top of the crescent rolls, sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake at 350 until the crescent rolls are golden brown!  and then ENJOY!!

The other great thing about this meal is that it can be frozen and then pulled out and cooked at a later time!

No comments:

Post a Comment