Monday, May 16, 2011

Ramblings of a Working Mom Weekend Review

Mother Nature Sucks, just saying! The weather was crappy and horrible all weekend long and then boom wake up Monday morning to get ready to head for work and what do a I find but cloudless bright blue skies, yes indeed Mother Nature Sucks.....obviously her children are grown and she has forgotten what it is like to corral children indoors ALL WEEKEND long....so we did the only thing a responsible parent would do, we dressed our kids in warm clothes and spent from 10- 4 Saturday afternoon playing in the rain, and the mud and the puddles while Tim power washed off his grandma's house and I helped her with her landscaping, we were drenched, covered in dirt but happy :) It was a good day! The kids had a blast! and I didn't take any pictures because come on people it was RAINING!! and well I just don't think we need proof of how dirty we all were.......yeah it was bad! LOL! Okay now I am blogging out of order but on Friday night we rented Ramona and Beezus, and The Switch!!! I give Ramona and Beezus 5 stars! It was an adorable, funny, cute, kid friendly, didn't bore mom and dad, all around good movie!!! and The Switch was a fun date night movie! We ate popcorn with the kids, tried to make homemade ice cream which was a bust when the container wouldn't freeze fast enough, tucked them in and then had a movie date! Great Night! :) and now lets see that leaves us with Sunday! Oh yes Sunday ummmm I started it off with attempt number 5 of potty training Caylee...yeah that isn't going to happen anytime soon :) Sweet stubborn little darling that holds it until I let her get up off the potty and then starts peeing down her leg....She is only 25 months :) No hurry, last baby, she can where diapers until she is five, it is all good :) She has awesome bladder control, last weekend she held it for three hours until I put her diaper on for nap time....yup she is Tim's kid :) umm not about needing a diaper for nap time...about being stubborn HAHAHA!! Carleigh found Mr. Crab, in my bedroom, hiding by the bookshelf in my bedroom, which is a miracle itself....Lucky for him I had cleaned it last weekend! or else he may never have been found alive..... I read Karen Kingsbury's new book Leaving it was AWESOME, I finished it in a 24 hour time span which use to be the norm for me but anymore that is exceptional, Great book definitely recommend, and I made chex mix which means for the next few days my children will not eat any good solid meals because they will choose to exist on chex mix alone..................The End.
Because every post needs some cuteness ;)

2 comments: