Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Heritage

I consider myself pretty young, I never feel like I am closer to 30 than 20 and I never feel mature for my age...really I don't! More often than not I feel too immature to be the full-time working mom of two and wife! The past few days I have had to attend or am going to be attending 2 funerals. Funerals ALWAYS make me feel old, they always make me feel mature, I realize they are a sad part of life and that as an adult I attend out of respect and love for whomever has passed on. On Sunday I was sitting in that too small room with the urn and beautiful picture at the front of the room, surrounded by beautiful flowers and all I could think was that I was so relieved that someday, hopefully after my girls are raised, I will have family to stand up and surround my coffin, they will celebrate my life, they will cherish memories made with me and even though I will be rejoicing in Heaven, it makes me happy to think that through my girls a little piece of me will live on...It was the first time in my life that I thought about the heritage that I am passing on through my daughters. I have always wanted them to be well behaved when necessary and have tried to instill good values in them, but on Sunday, at that funeral, I realized that what I really want to pass on to them is my zest for life, I want them to be optimists, who always look at the glass as half full and a cloudy day as partly sunny! I want them to throw their heads back and laugh REALLY laugh that loudest laugh in the room because life should be fun, I want them to never know a stranger and to be friends with everyone, and I want them to embrace family and spend as much time together growing up as possible so that they have a great sister bond as adults. I am so thankful that God blessed me with my girl's so that a little piece of me will always live on through them... So I am going to start worrying a little less about the ever growing mountain of laundry that, let's face it, I am NEVER going to conquer, and start concentrating a little more on growing my heritage!! So that when I am up in Heaven looking down one day on my sweet girls, I will smile because they will be laughing through the tears at my funeral, because a story told is always better with giggles and I want the story of my life  to be all about giggles we shared, so that my laughter can live on through them :) Plus growing my heritage is going to be so much better than doing their dirty laundry! of this I am sure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment